Why Is Heat Pump Water Heater Maintenance Important?
If you have a heat pump water heater inside your Greensboro home, you’re likely already enjoying the many benefits, including reduced electric bills and a longer service life.
Heat pump water heaters, also referred to as hybrid water heaters, are up to three times more energy efficient than conventional electric resistance water heaters, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). They can even last about five years longer than conventional water heaters.
But are you taking proper care of your heat pump water heater to ensure it operates as efficiently as possible for the duration of its life expectancy?
Opting for routine preventative maintenance service is essential. It encourages your hybrid water heater to function at its best and helps assure all components are in good condition.
At Sutton Brothers, we believe maintenance is critical for every system in your North Carolina home—all the way from your water heater to your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing systems. No matter which system requires professional maintenance, our Sutton Brothers professionals are here to help.
Additional Reasons for Hybrid Water Heater Maintenance
Scheduling a professional maintenance visit at least once every year for your heat pump water heater is critical for the following reasons:
- Assists your system to reach its full service life
- Ensures optimal energy efficiency
- Assures your system is operating safely
- Confirms there are no major issues requiring repair
- Keeps your system clean and free from dirt, debris, and buildup
- Supports a comfortable indoor living environment
How Else Can I Take Proper Care of My Water Heater?
In addition to routine heat pump water heater maintenance service, you can keep your system in ideal shape by:
- Inspecting valves and system components regularly
- Pouring bleach or distilled vinegar in the condensate drain to kill mold, mildew, or buildup at least once a year
- Checking your condensate line for any clogs and unclogging when needed
- Clearing the tank of any deposits by draining a few quarts of water each month and flushing sediment from your water heater
- Changing or cleaning the filter
If you prefer for our Sutton Brothers professionals to help with any of these additional maintenance tasks, just give us a call. We are always ready to make things easier for you.
With routine maintenance and proper care of your heat pump water heater, you can experience uninterrupted comfort, all while enjoying reduced energy usage and expenses. Heat pump water heaters are top-of-the-line products and ideal for energy efficiency. Be sure to care for your system so you can always have the hot water you want on demand.
Contact Us for of All Your Water Heater Needs
Whether it’s time for a water heater replacement, repair, or routine preventative maintenance, our Sutton Brothers professionals are ready to help by ensuring the system in your Greensboro, NC, home operates at peak capacity. Just give our team of experts a call by phone at 336-390-3902 or request service online.